[ejabberd] getting started with ejabberd...

Marshall Rose mrose+internet.jabber.ejabberd at dbc.mtview.ca.us
Thu Aug 28 18:44:36 MSD 2003

> This version works at least on e.jabber.ru, on jabber.ttn.ru as IRC gateway,
> and on my machine (of course :).  I'm sure this problem because of
> crypto_drv.so

thanks to alexey, i found a bug in the netbsd pkgsrc installation of
erlang. so, i can now create accounts, etc. this leaves me with two
issues:

1. the ssl problem

here's the crash report. is there some significantce to the "certfile"
option being doubled in the report? the file exists and is readable?

=CRASH REPORT==== 28-Aug-2003::15:07:38 ===
  crasher:
    pid: <0.194.0>
    registered_name: []
    error_info: {{badmatch,{error,eoptions}},
                  [{ejabberd_listener,init_ssl,4},{proc_lib,init_p,5}]}
    initial_call: {ejabberd_listener,init_ssl,
                                    [5523,
                                     ejabberd_c2s,
                                     [{access,c2s},
                                      {ssl,
                                          [{certfile,

"/etc/openssl/certs/ejabberd.pem"}]}],
                                     [{certfile,
                                          "/etc/openssl/certs/ejabberd.pem"}]]}
    ancestors: [ejabberd_listeners,ejabberd_sup,<0.39.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.192.0>,<0.199.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: false
    status: running
    heap_size: 610
    stack_size: 23
    reductions: 1094
  neighbours:

2. let's say i get the ssl working. is there an easy way to move over my
   spool file from my jabber-1.4.2 server? i would prefer to avoid
   having to subscribe a whole bunch of folks, though i suppose i can
   write a tcl script to do it easily enough...

thanks!

/mtr