[ejabberd] ejabberd 0.5 released
alexey at sevcom.net
Sun Nov 16 18:58:32 MSK 2003
I would like to announce the first stable release of ejabberd 0.5.
ejabberd is a Free and Open Source fault-tolerant distributed Jabber server. It
is writen mostly in Erlang.
The main features of ejabberd is:
* Works on most of popular platforms: *nix (tested on Linux, FreeBSD and
NetBSD) and Win32
* Distributed: You can run ejabberd on a cluster of machines and all of
them will serve one Jabber domain.
* Fault-tolerance: You can setup an ejabberd cluster so that all the
information required for a properly working service will be stored
permanently on more than one node. This means that if one of the nodes
crashes, then the others will continue working without disruption. You
can also add or replace more nodes ``on the fly''.
* Built-in Multi-User Chat service
* Built-in IRC transport
* Built-in Publish-Subscribe service
* Built-in Jabber Users Directory service based on users vCards
More information about the ejabberd