[ejabberd] CVS ejabberd crash report

Alexey Shchepin alexey at sevcom.net
Tue Aug 3 17:22:39 MSD 2004

Hello, Aguido!

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:39:29 +1000, you said:

 AHD> G'day, I'm running a current Gentoo Linux on a vanilla Intel
 AHD> machine. I have just checked out ejabberd from CVS. The
 AHD> configure && make && make install proceeded without error. When
 AHD> as root from /etc/ejabberd I type the command:

 AHD> 	erl -pa /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin -sname ejabberd -s ejabberd

 AHD> I get a lot of Erlang output, and then the following:

 AHD> =CRASH REPORT==== 3-Aug-2004::10:33:45 ===

Are there any other error messages above this "crash report"?  If no,
try to run

erl -pa /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin -sname ejabberd

(without "-s ejabberd"), and then enter

(ejabberd at yourhost)1> ejabberd_app:start(normal, []).

and you should see backtrace of error in the end of output.

[...]

 AHD> {'EXIT',\"unknown POSIX error\"}" type: temporary

 AHD> When I try something similar as a normal user, I get the same
 AHD> kind of error.

 AHD> Has anybody on this list successfully run ejabberd on Gentoo?
 AHD> Can anybody tell me what these errors might mean, and how to
 AHD> work around them? Or at least point me at the place to start in
 AHD> the documentation?

 AHD> Or is this transient due to something being changed in CVS?

No, there are no such changes in cvs yet.