[ejabberd] migrating jabberd2 to ejabberd

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Wed Aug 4 14:51:46 MSD 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:12:35 +0400, Dmitry <demon_irc at mail.ru> wrote:

> Good day.
>
> IMHO where are a lot of problems in developing jabberd2.. some bugs is
> not
> fixed a mounths.. there is not progress.
> So, i decide to migrate to ejabberd.
> One of my server is on windows platform and i have downloaded ejabberd
> binaries for windows.
> Where is some questions:
> 1. is somewhere docs about migration from jabberd2 (mysql dbms) to
> ejabberd
> (mnesia)? i think such doc will be usefull not only for me.

 From what I know this does not exist, but if someone can write an export
 from jabberd2 MYSQL to an XML format, you could find help here for import
in Mnesia (From me or other).

> 3. Is where script (php prefered) to retrieve some information (amount of
> online users, list of them and other) for website?

I have build web integration in Erlang on my own site and could share the
code. See:

http://metafrog.erlang--projects.org/

You could also use a Jabber client library (or simple socket connection)
and use the admin user to gather administrative information from the
server using the XMPP protocol. You can use tkabber debug XML console to
see what are the XMPP elements to use to gather the information you need.

I hope this help,

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.erlang-projects.org/