[ejabberd] Hi all / some questions ;)

Bastian Hoyer dafire at dafire.de
Wed Aug 4 15:54:18 MSD 2004

Hi,

we are currently using jabberd2 but I think to change to ejabberd when we
have to move to our new server soon.

I tried it today and it works but I'm not familar with erlang so I have to
ask a few questions ;)

1.
I start the server with the snippet from the documentation:

erl -pa /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin \
      -sname ejabberd \
      -s ejabberd \
      -ejabberd config \"/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg\" \
                log_path \"/var/log/ejabberd/ejabberd.log\" \
      -sasl sasl_error_logger \{file,\"/var/log/ejabberd/sasl.log\"\} \
      -mnesia dir \"/var/lib/ejabberd/spool\"

but after that there is some type of console and I can't just simply start
it into the background.. I run it in a screen now but I guess there is an
other solution ?

2.
I tried to run the ejabberdctl tool but it crashes instantly:

:~/ejabberd/tools # ./ejabberdctl
{"init terminating in
do_boot",{undef,[{ejabberd_ctl,start,[]},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}
]}}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()

and leaves a 200k dump file ;)

my erl version seams to be:
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.3.6.3