[ejabberd] startup

Rob Sell lists at facnd.com
Thu Aug 5 22:05:25 MSD 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 08:48, Antoine MALGRAS wrote:
> Rob Sell <lists at facnd.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm not seeing anything in my .cfg file, i have attached it for your
> > perusal.
> >
> > Rob
> >

> There is a syntax error in the welcome message :
>
> {welcome_message,
>  {"Welcome!",
>   "Welcome to FAC's Jabber Service.  "}}.

What follows is the latest output containg the error message(s).  It is
complaining now that it can't load the ejabberd.cfg it does this as root
or a regular user. ejabberd.cfg is in /etc/ejabberd/ directory...

Any more suggestions for me.

Rob
------------------------------
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.3.6.3 [source] [hipe]

Eshell V5.3.6.3  (abort with ^G)
(ejabberd at new)1>
=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.57.0>},
                       {name,alarm_handler},
                       {mfa,{alarm_handler,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.58.0>},
                       {name,overload},
                       {mfa,{overload,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.56.0>},
                       {name,sasl_safe_sup},
                       {mfa,{supervisor,
                                start_link,
                                [{local,sasl_safe_sup},sasl,safe]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,infinity},
                       {child_type,supervisor}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.59.0>},
                       {name,release_handler},
                       {mfa,{release_handler,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
         application: sasl
          started_at: ejabberd at new

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,kernel_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.82.0>},
                       {name,dets_sup},
                       {mfa,{dets_sup,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,1000},
                       {child_type,supervisor}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,kernel_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.83.0>},
                       {name,dets},
                       {mfa,{dets_server,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,mnesia_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.89.0>},
                       {name,mnesia_event},
                       {mfa,{mnesia_sup,start_event,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,30000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,mnesia_kernel_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.91.0>},
                       {name,mnesia_monitor},
                       {mfa,{mnesia_monitor,start,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,3000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,mnesia_kernel_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.92.0>},
                       {name,mnesia_subscr},
                       {mfa,{mnesia_subscr,start,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,3000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,mnesia_kernel_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.93.0>},
                       {name,mnesia_locker},
                       {mfa,{mnesia_locker,start,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,3000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,mnesia_kernel_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.94.0>},
                       {name,mnesia_recover},
                       {mfa,{mnesia_recover,start,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,180000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,kernel_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.97.0>},
                       {name,disk_log_sup},
                       {mfa,{disk_log_sup,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,1000},
                       {child_type,supervisor}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,kernel_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.98.0>},
                       {name,disk_log_server},
                       {mfa,{disk_log_server,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,kernel_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.99.0>},
                       {name,pg2},
                       {mfa,{pg2,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,1000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,kernel_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.105.0>},
                       {name,timer_server},
                       {mfa,{timer,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,1000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,mnesia_kernel_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.95.0>},
                       {name,mnesia_tm},
                       {mfa,{mnesia_tm,start,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,30000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,mnesia_kernel_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.106.0>},
                       {name,mnesia_checkpoint_sup},
                       {mfa,{mnesia_checkpoint_sup,start,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,infinity},
                       {child_type,supervisor}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,mnesia_kernel_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.107.0>},
                       {name,mnesia_snmp_sup},
                       {mfa,{mnesia_snmp_sup,start,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,infinity},
                       {child_type,supervisor}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,mnesia_kernel_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.108.0>},
                       {name,mnesia_controller},
                       {mfa,{mnesia_controller,start,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,3000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,mnesia_kernel_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.109.0>},
                       {name,mnesia_late_loader},
                       {mfa,{mnesia_late_loader,start,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,3000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,mnesia_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.90.0>},
                       {name,mnesia_kernel_sup},
                       {mfa,{mnesia_kernel_sup,start,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,infinity},
                       {child_type,supervisor}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
         application: mnesia
          started_at: ejabberd at new

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,crypto_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.153.0>},
                       {name,crypto_server},
                       {mfa,{crypto_server,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
         application: crypto
          started_at: ejabberd at new

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,ssl_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.168.0>},
                       {name,ssl_server},
                       {mfa,{ssl_server,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
          supervisor: {local,ssl_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.169.0>},
                       {name,ssl_broker_sup},
                       {mfa,{ssl_broker_sup,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,supervisor}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
         application: ssl
          started_at: ejabberd at new

=ERROR REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
E(<0.40.0>:ejabberd_config:50): Can't load config file "ejabberd.cfg":
enoent

=CRASH REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
  crasher:
    pid: <0.39.0>
    registered_name: []
    error_info: "invalid return value from ejabberd_app:start(normal,[])
-> {'EXIT',\"no such file or directory\"}"
    initial_call: {application_master,init,
                                     [<0.5.0>,
                                      <0.38.0>,
                                      {appl_data,
                                          ejabberd,
                                          [ejabberd,
                                           ejabberd_sup,
                                           ejabberd_auth,
                                           ejabberd_router,
                                           ejabberd_sm,
                                           ejabberd_s2s,
                                           ejabberd_local,
                                           ejabberd_listeners,
                                           ejabberd_iq_sup,
                                           ejabberd_service_sup,
                                           ejabberd_s2s_out_sup,
                                           ejabberd_s2s_in_sup,
                                           ejabberd_c2s_sup,
                                           ejabberd_mod_roster,
                                           ejabberd_mod_echo,
                                           ejabberd_mod_pubsub,
                                           ejabberd_mod_irc,
                                           ejabberd_mod_muc,
                                           ejabberd_offline,
                                           random_generator],
                                          undefined,
                                          {ejabberd_app,[]},
                                          [acl,
                                           configure,
                                           cyrsasl,
                                           cyrsasl_digest,
                                           cyrsasl_plain,
                                           ejabberd,
                                           ejabberd_app,
                                           ejabberd_auth,
                                           ejabberd_c2s,
                                           ejabberd_config,
                                           ejabberd_listener,
                                           ejabberd_logger_h,
                                           ejabberd_local,
                                           ejabberd_router,
                                           ejabberd_s2s,
                                           ejabberd_s2s_in,
                                           ejabberd_s2s_out,
                                           ejabberd_service,
                                           ejabberd_sm,
                                           ejabberd_sup,
                                           ejabberd_tmp_sup,
                                           gen_iq_handler,
                                           gen_mod,
                                           jd2ejd,
                                           jlib,
                                           mod_configure,
                                           mod_disco,
                                           mod_echo,
                                           mod_last,
                                           mod_offline,
                                           mod_private,
                                           mod_register,
                                           mod_roster,
                                           mod_stats,
                                           mod_time,
                                           mod_vcard,
                                           mod_version,
                                           randoms,
                                           sha,
                                           shaper,
                                           translate,
                                           xml,
                                           xml_stream],
                                          [],
                                          infinity,
                                          infinity},
                                      normal]}
    ancestors: [<0.38.0>]
    messages: [{'EXIT',<0.40.0>,normal}]
    links: [<0.38.0>,<0.5.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 610
    stack_size: 21
    reductions: 73
  neighbours:

=INFO REPORT==== 5-Aug-2004::13:01:27 ===
    application: ejabberd
    exited: "invalid return value from ejabberd_app:start(normal,[]) ->
{'EXIT',\"no such file or directory\"}"
    type: temporary