[ejabberd] Clients

Robert Wills robert.wills at dicta.org.uk
Sun Aug 8 14:01:27 MSD 2004

Hello Martyn,

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 11:38, Martyn Baker wrote:
> I'd be interested to find out more about the patch you have for adding
> users - I found that the version of tkabber I'm using at the moment works
> fine for adding, though what I'm trying to is find out is if I can restrict
> people from creating accounts to the sysadmin only.

That's exactly why I created this.  The patch (for 0.7) is attached.

When using tkabber it "Set User" appears in the configuration tree.
Double clicking it brings up a form where you can enter a juid and
password, which will send something like the following to the server:

<iq id='11' to='daedalus' type='set' xml:lang='en'><query
xmlns='ejabberd:config' node='config/setuser'><x xmlns='jabber:x:data'

Note that this doesn't just add users-- it will also change the password
of existing users.

This is the first time I've written a line of erlang so I'm not sure of
the quality of this.  That being said, all I did was copy and modify the
code for remove user.

> As a point of interest, I'm running Ejabberd on Windows NT 4.

I'm on Linux but this shouldn't make a difference.

-Rob