[ejabberd] External auth / user creation

Bastian Hoyer dafire at dafire.de
Sun Aug 8 23:32:20 MSD 2004

Hi,

we have an existing web interface with an mysql user table. I'd like to give
all users access to our jabber server.
I saw there is an example extauth script but I'm not sure how to configure
it.
What I would like is letting them use the inbound account creation if the
username and password match the data in the auth mysql table. I don't want
to create an account for everyone now since I don't know how many of our
members would like to use jabber.
Is something like this possible and already included in ejabberd ?

Bastian