[ejabberd] Example program for NT Domain authentication

James Tait james.tait at morse.com
Mon Aug 9 15:32:43 MSD 2004

Hi list,

I couldn't get LDAP authentication against an NT server working, so I hacked
together the attached program to use SMB authentication instead.  This uses
the extauth patch provided by Leif Johansson (which is now in CVS), and
relies on the smbauth package available at
http://www.tekrat.com/smbauth.php.

The code is basically an amalgamation of that in the commandline example
provided with smbauth and the demo_server example from chapter 9 of
erlang-book-part1.pdf.

Only the auth part is functional -- anything other than auth simply returns
a positive result.

Hope this is of use to someone.

JT
--
James Tait
Developer, Morse Professional Services

This email and any attachments are confidential and are intended only for
the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email and have
received it in error, you are hereby notified that the email and any
attachments must not be copied, stored or further disseminated or
distributed.  If you have received this email and its attachments in error,
please notify the sender immediately and then delete it from your system.
Internet communications are not secure and Morse makes no representation and
accepts no responsibility or liability as to the completeness and accuracy
of the information contained in this message.  Any information, opinions or
advice contained within the email or any attachments are not necessarily
those of the Morse Group.

Email communications sent and/or received by Morse staff are stored and
monitored.

Orders for hardware and software are accepted subject to Morse's Standard
Terms and Conditions of Sale.  Orders for services are accepted subject to
Morse's Standard Terms and Conditions for the Provision of Consultancy
Services.  Copies are available at http://www.morse.com and on request from
legal at morse.com or your account manager.