[ejabberd] CVS ejabberd crash report

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Tue Aug 17 19:47:30 MSD 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:39:29 +1000, Aguido Horatio Davis
<horatio at computer.org> wrote:

> G'day,
>
> I'm running a current Gentoo Linux on a vanilla Intel machine. I have
> just checked out ejabberd from CVS. The configure && make  && make
> install proceeded without error. When as root from /etc/ejabberd I type
> the command:
>
> 	erl -pa /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin -sname ejabberd -s ejabberd
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 3-Aug-2004::10:33:45 ===
>      application: ejabberd
>      exited: "invalid return value from ejabberd_app:start(normal,[]) ->
> {'EXIT',\"unknown POSIX error\"}"
>      type: temporary
>
> When I try something similar as a normal user, I get the same kind of
> error.

I had the same kind of error on my newly installed SuSE Linux system (It
never happened on others computers). On my machine, the problem happened
on translate:start(). I solved it by removing the src/msgs/ua.msg file
that for some reason is causing problem with file:consult.

I hope this will solve your problem.

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.erlang-projects.org/