[ejabberd] Regarding message logging

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Thu Aug 19 13:44:00 MSD 2004

Hello,

I have read several messages on the list regarding message logging.
Could you describe further what is your idea of message log?
What are you expected from the log?

We are developping a complete EAI (enterprise application integration) platform based on several components. One of them is ejabberd. For this platform called J-EAI, we are working with Alexey on message logging features. They are quite comprehensive and cover both messages and events (when has a message entered the system? When was it placed in the message queue? When was it delivered?)

Those feature, when ready, will be published as part of J-EAI first. If they are interesting as well for ejabberd users, they could be integrated into ejabberd code base.

I hope this will answer your questions regarding logging. Do not forget to share your own expectations on those aspects.

Cheers,

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.erlang-projects.org/