[ejabberd] Ejabberd 7 on Wondows NT 4 Failure to load

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nm.ru
Sat Aug 21 11:56:26 MSD 2004

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 08:34:15AM +0100, Martyn Baker wrote:
> Hi Sergei
>
> I stop the system using the web interface, if I just restart it when it's
> running, it's fine. I start it from the shortcut that Ejabberd installed in
> Start > Programs > Ejabberd > Start Ejabberd

If you install ejabberd as administrator then it should be installed as a
Windows service (disabled by default). So it would be better to run ejabberd from
"Services" applet (or simply "net start ejabberd").

> I've had this quite a few times, once this happened because someone rebooted
> the server not knowing we were running Ejabberd, which I can understand
> causing a problem.

When you kill erlang, mnesia database bay be left in uncleaned state. This
cause the problem.

--
Sergei 'TeopeTuK' Golovan