[ejabberd] Common Roster for all users?

Sam Sgro sam.sgro at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 06:56:30 MSK 2004

Hi all,

I'm setting up a jabber server to serve as the central hub for all our
internal IM communications. I'm looking for a GPL'd solution that
allows me to do one simple thing: specify a common roster for all
users (that pretty much includes everyone in the company).

Now, with jabberd2, it doesn't seem like this is trivially possible -
it seems like I might be able to do this by preloading the
roster-items table with all combinations of all users, pre-authorized,
and resetting this every night.

Could ejabberd help make this simpler? Or am I just barking up the
wrong tree - perhaps no jabber-based IM solution will allow me to
effectively implement this system.

Thanks in advance for all your responses.

--
Sam Sgro
sam at spidersilk.net