[ejabberd] ejabberdctl problems and bulkloading

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nm.ru
Mon Dec 6 23:21:16 MSK 2004

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 11:34:42AM -0600, Johnny Matthews wrote:
> I installed this with the Debian apt-get.  I moved the cookie from /root
> to /etc/ejabberd and gave read permission to the ejabberd user. I then
> changed /etc/init.d/ejabberd  I added
>
> COOKIE="/etc/ejabberd/.erlang.cookie"
>
> and changed
>
> start()
> {
>    su $EJABBERDUSER -c "$EJABBERD -noshell -detached"
> }
> start()
> {
>    su $EJABBERDUSER -c "$EJABBERD -noshell -detached -setcookie $COOKIE"
> }
>
> After a reboot, this is the entry from ps axu

Actually, ejabberd and ejabberdctl have a bug, which might cause this
behaviour after *reboot* (though I'm not sure).

Try to reinstall ejabberd package and take ejabberd and ejabberdctl from
ejabberd 0.7.5-6 (from sid repository).

Also, ejabberdctl should be called simply like the following:

ejabberdctl action

in contrast to what you see in help (this bug is also fixed in 0.7.5-6, but
don't bother with it).
See manual for complete syntax.

--
Sergei 'TeopeTuK' Golovan