[ejabberd] ldap with tls

Christopher Zorn christopher.zorn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 23:41:06 MSK 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:34:50 -0500 (EST), Etan Reisner
<deryni at eden.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Christopher Zorn wrote:
>

> > Hey, I was just wondering if anyone got ldap authentication working
> > with a ldap server that only uses tls? eldap does not seem to work
> > with tls or ssl. Am I just missing something?
>
> When I asked about this in the ejabberd mu-conference chat room I was
> told that eldap doesn't support doing that. I ended up using socat to
> tunnel the ldap traffic to our ldaps server, instead of trying to have
> it use ldap+tls.
>
>         -Etan

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jungerl/jungerl/lib/eldap/src/

This seems to work, I just wish I knew enough erlang to add a patch. :(

If ejabberd supported virtual domains then I think I would take the
time to learn and add the patch for ldap tls connections. ;)

I will give socat a try, thanks!