[ejabberd] Installing without SSL Re: [ejabberd] Installing without SSL Re: [ejabberd] Installing without SSL Re: [ejabberd] Installing without SSL Re: [ejabberd] Installing without SSL Re: [ejabberd] Installing without SSL Re: [ejabberd] Install

Frank Taylor frankstaylor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 13:55:25 MSK 2004

I am aware of the security implications of running without SSL. As it
happens, this server only will be accessed over secure tunnels (ssh)
so this is not an issue.

My mail was more about the fact that SSL is documented as being
optional (http://ejabberd.jabberstudio.org/guide.html#htoc4) to get
ejabberd running, but my experience is different.

Here are the versions I am using:

   * Erlang: otp_src_R10B-1a
   * ejabberd: ejabberd-0.7.5

Is there a neater way of building ejabberd without SSL?

Having had a day more experience with it, I am really impressed! It
just works and supports many of the features of Jabber.

Thanks,

Frank.