[ejabberd] JEP-0133: Service Administration

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Sat Dec 11 02:57:03 MSK 2004

Op vrijdag 10 december 2004 23:56, schreef Alexey Shchepin:
> Hello, Stefan!
>
> On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:14:01 +0100, you said:
>
>  SdK> Is there any todo development plan somewhere?
>
> I'm focusing on postgres and virtual domains support, and likely won't
> implement any other features before these two will be finished.

/me votes for one *small* feature that I want to see in the next release and
that is implemented not a few days before the release so that I don't have
time to update the Dutch guide. It can be divided into 5 sub-features:
1) make the "migrate from Jabberd14" options from the disco nodes (dir and
spool file) accessible via ejabberdctl
2) make 1) also accessible via the web admininterface
3) make the backup options from the disco nodes also accessible via the web
admininterface (it would be cool if you also can download the gzipped backup
via an URL; of course it should also give information about how much MB's
will be transfered!)
4) migrate the easy to use start-stop-interface for modules from the disco
nodes to the webinterface (checkboxes for most modules and radioboxes for
incompatible modules as mod_vcard and mod_ldapvcard) and ejabberdctl
("ejabberdctl load <modulename>", "ejabberdctl listmodules", "ejabberdctl
unload <modulename>")

IMO 1) and 2) are the most important features as they make migrating from
Jabberd14 even more easy ;-)

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

xmpp:sander at l4l.be ( http://jabber.l4l.be/ )