[ejabberd] is there SMTP gate ?

Andreas van Cranenburgh andreas at unstable.nl
Tue Dec 14 16:52:24 MSK 2004

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 02:45:11PM +0100, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> Andreas van Cranenburgh wrote:
> >Some things that I would like to see are IMAP and SMTP 'frontends' or
> >translators for Jabber. Why? So that people can use their reglar
> >clients, but can also benefit from the advantages of Jabber. Something
> >like IM2000 or NGMP. But for that a persistent storage of messages is
> >first needed.
>
> Exactly, but if a mod_imap is made the storage of messages can be safely
> done serverside via imap.

IMAP is a protocol, not a storage. Yes indeed there could be a mod_imap
to listen on port 143, but there could just as well be a seperate
imap-jabber translator, server independent/agnostic. How the storage
would be realized I don't know, currently the philosophy isto keep
spoolfiles small and tiny, right?

--
	Andreas		[ http://unstable.nl | xmpp:andreas at unstable.nl ]
			[  callto:ils.seconix.com/andreas at unstable.nl	]