[ejabberd] No home for cookie file

Lorrim minstrel32 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 03:38:50 MSK 2004

Trying to launch ejabberd for the first time following
config and the error_logger output reports 'No home
for cookie file'.  I am launching the command from the
home directory of the user context which will be
running the server and the command line is as follows
(contents of ejabberd.sh):

/usr/bin/erl /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin -name ejabberd -s
ejabberd -ejabberd config
\"/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg" \ log_path
\"/var/log/ejabberd/ejabberd.log" \ -sasl
sasl_error_logger
\{file,\"/var/log/ejabberd/sasl.log\"\} \ -mnesia dir
\"/var/lib/ejabberd/spool\"

I'm sure it's some silly oversight on my part but I'm
at a loss here.  Any ideas?