[ejabberd] Re: XMPP mail system was: is there SMTP gate ?

Arioch /BDV/ the_Arioch at nm.ru
Wed Dec 15 11:28:51 MSK 2004

The stars so gaily glistened... (Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:04:21 +0100 @794)
...while the fading voice of Andreas whispered through the darkness:

 AvC> So in short, my ideas is to have a completely new mail system, which
 AvC> is pure Jabber (except that it's accessible to normal mail clients).

But e-mail (MIME-based) can have a numerous parts, some of them are binary
attachments.
It can have Read Notification flags, etc.

Full-featured mapping of such mails to Jabber would not be easy.

Though MIME-based CIMP have an RFC to be mapped to XMPP, so guess it can be
possible afterall.

ICQ - xmpp:arioch at jabber.ru  xmpp:93438391 at icq.jabber.ru
http://Arioch.nm.ru/FL/Fidolook_SL.png    Mail: the_Arioch)at(nm)dot(ru
WinAMP://none: WinAMP is suffocated