[ejabberd] Ejabberd and MUC rooms

Badlop badlop at safe-mail.net
Thu Dec 16 22:55:45 MSK 2004

Martyn Baker wrote:
> I can setup rooms, but I'm unable to invite others, debug output says
> not allowed, I've various room configs, but to no avail.

Ability to send invitation is a chatroom option. In ejabberd's embedded
MUC component that option is disabled by default.

So, when you create a room and want participants to be able to send
invitations, you must configure it.

Note that you'll need a MUC-capable Jabber client, like Exodus, Tkabber
or JAJC. Psi 0.9.2, Gaim and other clients do probably not have that
feature.