[ejabberd] Sending announcements from "outside" the server

Leon Adato leon at adatofamily.com
Fri Dec 17 15:35:13 MSK 2004

(The usual appologies if this has already been discussed. I did search
the archive (mbox file) but apparently I'm not using the right search
terms.)

I have set up a jabber server for my helpdesk team to pass information
internally (IM chat).

What I would also like is for system messages to be passed to the jabber
system as announcements (using the <server>/announce/online object).

What is the best way to accomplish this? I am looking at the jann.pl
script now (having some interesting problems there, too), but I wondered
if there was anything else more straightforward.

Thanks in advance!

Leon Adato
"Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so."
      - Galileo