[ejabberd] Migrating ejabberd

Steve Kondik shade at chemlab.org
Fri Dec 17 18:57:55 MSK 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 10:49 -0500, Chris Rutledge wrote:

>I’ve inherited an openbsd jabber server that I’d like to migrate to a
>Windows server.  Is there documentation covering this?  I’d like the
>migration to be transparent to the users.  That means moving all the
>account information to the new server, then changing the dns entry to
point >to the new server.  But I’m not sure how to migrate the user
information.  >Any assistance would be appreciated.

I actually just did this moments ago (from a single Gentoo box to a pair
of load-balanced Solaris boxes).  I just used the built-in clustering to
replicate the database to the new servers.  You can then cut the DNS
over and users will hit the new box, and you don't even have to request
for users to reconnect, just wait for them to log off and log back in
and they will hit the new server(s).