[ejabberd] Ejabberd on Windows NT4 and setting up to allow S2S connections between 2 specified servers only

Martyn Baker Martyn.Baker at clara.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 22:30:21 MSK 2004

Hi

I've googled and dug around, but haven't found anything that helps me.

I have 2 Ejabberd servers running 0.7.5 serving two different domains. Both servers are running (patched !) NT4 with the recommended version of Erlang and Expat installed. Both servers are working perfectly, serving their respective domains.

I want to be able to set them up so that they know about each other's domains and can only communicate with each other using S2S connections.

I have the listeners setup up as per the documentation, but what I don't know is how to configure Ejabberd so that each server knows about the other.

Both server names are in our DNS servers and are reachable from each other. Each server serves a different domain. Should I have entries is the services tables which tell the software the port and name of the other server ? Should there be something in ejabberd.cfg ? I'm fairly at a loss now as where to look !

Any help will be greatly appreciated !

Martyn