[ejabberd] Doesn't work on Windows

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Wed Dec 29 03:09:51 MSK 2004

Hi all,

I have just downloaded and installed the latest ejabberd, Erlang and
WinOpenSSL files and went through the configuration file. I entered the
correct hostname, started the service and can see a process listening on
port 5222+5223. Then I took my Psi and wanted to register a now account
on the server, but it just told me there was an unknown error. I cannot
see anything in the logs. When I checked SSL, I got the SSL warning and
then the same unknown error.

What can that be, where can I start searching? The docs can't seem to
help me with that.

I really want to use ejabberd, later I'm planning to use in on my public
Linux box, but for now it's easier to test it on Windows. I hope it
works better than jabberd1.4.

Unclassified NewsBoard Forum --> newsboard.unclassified.de
Free (GPL), easy to use and install, secure, innovative! (PHP+MySQL)