[ejabberd] Re: not working on Linux alpha

Brian Campbell bacam at z273.org.uk
Wed Dec 29 20:30:51 MSK 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 10:48:08AM -0500, Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:16:11 -0500, Jiann-Ming Su <sujiannming at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just downloaded ejabberd 0.7.5 using apt-get on my alpha and i386
> > system.  The i386 seems to work.  netstat shows the ejabberd ports
> > listening for connections.  On the alpha, netstat shows nothing, but
> > ps shows the ejabberd processes running.  Has anyone else run into
> > similar issues with Linux Alpha and ejabberd?
> >

> I'm experiencing the same problem on a sparc64 system, also running
> Debian.  Is erlang 64-bit clean?

I'm running ejabberd successfully using Debian on an Ultra1, using the
version of erlang in testing (9.2.2-6).  There were two problems though:
You can't have the erlang documentation for a different version
installed (erlang can't find some of the libraries if the version 10
documentation is installed), and you must rebuild the ejabberd package
(because the one in unstable is built for erlang 10).

However, this would have nothing to do with the machine being 64-bit
anyway; most of the binaries are sparc32.

  Brian