[ejabberd] Problems removing users from web admin interface

Matthew Nourse matthew_nourse at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 30 05:07:36 MSK 2004

Hi,

I'm using ejabberd 0.7.5 (& loving it ;-)) on Windows XP and I'm using the
org.jivesoftware.smack Java library to talk to ejabberd with the debug
feature turned on so I can see the XML packets.

My setup is as close to the default as I can make it (ie no LDAP).

I've encountered some problems removing users with the web admin
interface...

Here's what I'm seeing:

* create a user matt
* create a user fred
* matt asks to subscribe to fred's presence notification
* fred receives subscription request and responds with "subscribed" presence
packet.
* remove fred using web admin interface
* create a new user, also called fred
* matt asks to subscribe to fred's presence notification
* fred never receives subscription request
* matt and fred appear in each others' rosters but the subscription type is
"none".

When I look (with a binary viewer) in the roster.dcd file in the "spool"
directory, I see users in there that I have deleted and who aren't showing
in the web admin interface.

Has anybody else experienced this behaviour?

Thanks in advance,
Matt