[ejabberd] Bug : Ejabberd & LDAP

Martin Galoneas galoneas at mail.com
Wed Jul 21 12:55:41 MSD 2004

> If this is any indication your search does a timeout. Verify
> that you can do
>
>    ldapsearch -x -h <your server> -b 'dc=jabber,dc=galoneas,dc=com' \
> 	uid=ttest2
>
> and that this search returns immediately.
>
> 	Cheers Leif

In fact, I don't think it is a ldap problem. It sounds like Ejabberd can't receive ldap responses when there are to many ldap querries...
Indeed, if I connect each user separately, all works fine ...

The search returns immediately the following response :

debian:~# ldapsearch -x -h localhost -b 'dc=jabber,dc=galoneas,dc=com' uid=ttest2

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=jabber,dc=galoneas,dc=com> with scope sub
# filter: uid=ttest2
# requesting: ALL
#

# ttest2, jabber.galoneas.com
dn: uid=ttest2,dc=jabber,dc=galoneas,dc=com
uid: ttest2
loginShell: /bin/bash
uidNumber: 00000002
gidNumber: 00000002