[ejabberd] migrating to another domain

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Fri Nov 5 18:21:51 MSK 2004

Op vrijdag 5 november 2004 10:46, schreef Oleg V. Motienko:
> Hello!
>
> Is there suitable method of migrating from one jabber domian
> (jabber.domain1 for ex.) to another (jabber.domain2).
> All logins remain same. It's necessary to adjust data in rosters I
> guess. Maybe something else?

I don't think it is possible as all users will need to resubscribe to presence
of people in their contactlist. For users it will also seem that it is
broken. So what's a better option I think is - and I did it that way when
migrating from Jabberd14 at vosberg.be-->ejabberd at l4l.be - announce enough time
before the convert that people need to reregister after <fill in a date> and
that they need to backup their roster.

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

xmpp:sander at l4l.be ( http://jabber.l4l.be/ )