[ejabberd] Dev questions

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 6 09:57:10 MSK 2004

Hi,

I managed to get the roster partly out of ldap, for a newbie Erlang
coder and a night of debugging, good progres I guess. But I want to be
sure of some things:

-record(roster, {uj,
                  user,
                  jid,
                  name = "",
                  subscription = none,
                  ask = none,
                  groups = [],
                  xattrs = [],
                  xs = []}).

Can somebody in detail explain what is stored in the above structure?

My Guess:
uj: usersjabberid
user: username
jid: remotejabberid
name: name of the roster
subscription: type of subscription for the roster itself?
ask: allowed to speak?
groups: the roster can be grouped?
xattrs: i have no clue???
xs: i have no clue???

Another point, the code of the webinterface doesn't use the normal
ejabberd code, probably it is copyed, but then a gain, now I am working
on an alternative roster. I can't check it in the webinterface anymore
because the webinterface checks it directly out of mnesia. If it can be
rewritten to use the ejabberd functions directly it probably has less
future problems too.

Btw. does anyone know a erlang based ldapserver?

Greetings,

Stefan de Konink