[ejabberd] aim config

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Sun Nov 7 02:39:00 MSK 2004

Op zaterdag 6 november 2004 22:50, schreef Randy Bush:
> the xml for the aim transport logging in 3.1.5 of the web page,
> leaves me a bit confused.
>
> when i run ejabberd on host X, and my aim gateway is also on
> host X,
>
>   o that xml gets added to the jabberd 1.4.3 control file,
>     /usr/local/etc/jabber.xml in the freebsd port?

No, you need to add it in the config file of the aim-transport. Normally you
are running the transport in a separate process (otherwise this was a bad
thing to do). The config file of the aim-transport should look like this:
http://jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ejabberd/examples/transport-configs/aim-t/

HOWTO:
* You need to change the uppercase words.
* Remark that I splitted the config file in three files; so you can set
different permissions on these files.
* You need some of the jabberd14-binaries and of course the
aim-transport.so-file (or how it's called in your case).
* You need an init-script that starts the jabberd-binary with the -c-option
and point to the master.xml-file.

>   o do i still have to run jabberd 1.4.3 on X?

Yes, although it is always possible to run transports on other hosts.

>   if so, how do i
>     tell jabberd 1.4.3 to just do the aim gateway, and not open
>     up all those other ports?  hack the hell out of the xml?

Take the example config of above and start jabberd14 with
"-c /path/exmple_config_master.xml

<snip>

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.