[ejabberd] monitoring ejabberd with "monit"

Andreas van Cranenburgh andreas at unstable.nl
Wed Nov 10 04:33:38 MSK 2004

I've discovered the excellent "monit" daemon, which can restart other
daemons when they crash. It works very well for the jabber transports
and for my caching dns server etc. Everything gets restarted
automagically.

The only problem is, it requires a pid file for every daemon that will
be watched, and I don't know how to create one for ejabberd with an init
script.

The init script launches erl, but erl in turn launces beam! And it's
beam's pid that should go in the /var/run/ejabberd.pid file, I think.

	Andreas