[ejabberd] monitoring ejabberd with "monit"

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nm.ru
Wed Nov 10 07:32:23 MSK 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 02:33:38AM +0100, Andreas van Cranenburgh wrote:
> I've discovered the excellent "monit" daemon, which can restart other
> daemons when they crash. It works very well for the jabber transports
> and for my caching dns server etc. Everything gets restarted
> automagically.
>
> The only problem is, it requires a pid file for every daemon that will
> be watched, and I don't know how to create one for ejabberd with an init
> script.

Does ejabberd really need external monitoring? I didn't experience any
ejabberd crash yet (though my server has only a small number of users).

As far as I know, jabber.ru experienced some problems with SSL implementation
in erlang, but now the problems are gone with new TLS driver.

--
Sergei 'TeopeTuK' Golovan