[ejabberd] monitoring ejabberd with "monit"

Andreas van Cranenburgh andreas at unstable.nl
Wed Nov 10 13:29:07 MSK 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 07:32:23AM +0300, Sergei Golovan wrote:
> Does ejabberd really need external monitoring? I didn't experience any
> ejabberd crash yet (though my server has only a small number of users).

I wasn't implying any instability here. But it's nice to have a
complete list of running daemons in monit's webinterface, which will
also show the uptime, memory usage and cpu usage for each daemon.

And perhaps someday I want to try a CVS version of ejabberd which might
crash?

Writing .pid files is a very common practive in the *nix world, so it
wouldn't be a bad idea if it would be a command line option perhaps.

	Andreas