[ejabberd] Re: Can't mix XMPP and non-SASL auth

Andreas van Cranenburgh andreas at unstable.nl
Thu Nov 11 19:08:05 MSK 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 04:57:50PM +0100, Magnus Henoch wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> writes:
>
> > And a client that doesn't do SASL should not say that it supports XMPP
> > 1.0, either.
>
> Hm, I guess that's right.  But, if SASL is required for XMPP
> compliance, and XMPP is required for advertising stream features,
> what's the point of having a stream feature for non-SASL
> authentication?

Because perhaps forcing SASL on people is not such nice thing to do

I for one don't really like it, within an SSL connection it doesn't have
security benefits and the S for Simple in SASL is such a frustrating lie!
I've spent hours on debugging it so that it would work on my mailserver
(works now, with a few kludges).

	Andreas