[ejabberd] A couple ejabberd questions.

Etan Reisner deryni at eden.rutgers.edu
Mon Nov 15 03:40:10 MSK 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Stefan de Konink wrote:

> Etan Reisner wrote:
> > I'm not at all sure what your answer was supposed to tell me. Here's my
> > situation, I tried to use the ldap stuff but it failed because our ldap
> > setup requires tls before you can bind. Searching works anonymously but
> > binding doesn't. I tried to look for some way to turn ldap tls on but I
> > couldn't find it, I was basically asking if I'd missed something.
>
> Did you change anything in ejabberd_auth.erl? (Before compiling?)
> Because I patched that to specify a rootdn and a password.
>

> Stefan

No, I didn't change anything. I'm not sure how patching that is going to
have anything to do with my question. I'm trying to figure out whether
the ldap code that's in ejabberd/erlang (I'm not sure who's code it is)
has the ability to do tls encrypted ldap.

Also, does anyone have any idea about my other questions?

Thanks.
	-Etan