[ejabberd] ejabber is halfway there

Kevin Brouelette kblinux at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 06:21:17 MSK 2004

Hello.

I'm testing ejabberd on XP Pro SP2  and I have it
 working halfway.
  I can add users via the web management and those
users can login from Exodus [winME client] and GAIM
[Fedora2 GAIM client].

My problem is that in Exodus, the contacts say
'pending' and in GAIM the user is greyed out/offline
 yet the user 'is' onlineaccording to web managenent.
I do have [in Exodus]:

tools >options> auto_accept=all

presence>send client caps and track all presence
changes

network> no_http_proxy

The web interface shows the users online.
We cannot chat between users.

Any help is appreciated. Current config below. I
believe I only set hostname and added admin users to
the acl's.

TIA
 Kevin Brouelette RHCE, MCP.

% $Id: ejabberd.cfg,v 1.5 2004/10/10 17:15:24 aleksey
Exp $

%override_acls.

% Users that have admin access.  Add line like one of
the following after you
% will be successfully registered on server to get
admin access:
{acl, admin, {user, "kevin"}}.
%{acl, admin, {user, "admin"}}.

% Blocked users:
%{acl, blocked, {user, "test"}}.

% Local users:
{acl, local, {user_regexp, ""}}.

% Another examples of ACLs:
%{acl, jabberorg, {server, "jabber.org"}}.
%{acl, aleksey, {user, "aleksey", "jabber.ru"}}.
%{acl, test, {user_regexp, "^test"}}.
%{acl, test, {user_glob, "test*"}}.

% Only admins can use configuration interface:
{access, configure, [{allow, admin}]}.

% Every username can be registered via in-band
registration:
{access, register, [{allow, all}]}.

% After successful registration user will get message
with following subject
% and body:
{welcome_message,
 {"Welcome!",
  "Welcome to Jabber Service.  "
  "For information about Jabber visit
http://jabber.org"}}.
% Replace them with 'none' if you don't want to send
such message:
%{welcome_message, none}.

% List of people who will get notifications about
registered users
%{registration_watchers, ["admin1 at localhost",
%                         "admin2 at localhost"]}.

% Only admins can send announcement messages:
{access, announce, [{allow, admin}]}.

% Only non-blocked users can use c2s connections:
{access, c2s, [{deny, blocked},
               {allow, all}]}.

% Set shaper with name "normal" to limit traffic speed
to 1000B/s
{shaper, normal, {maxrate, 1000}}.

% Set shaper with name "fast" to limit traffic speed
to 50000B/s
{shaper, fast, {maxrate, 50000}}.

% For all users except admins used "normal" shaper
{access, c2s_shaper, [{none, admin},
                      {normal, all}]}.

% For all S2S connections used "fast" shaper
{access, s2s_shaper, [{fast, all}]}.

% Admins of this server are also admins of MUC
service:
{access, muc_admin, [{allow, admin}]}.

% All users are allowed to use MUC service:
{access, muc, [{allow, all}]}.

% This rule allows access only for local users:
%{access, local, [{allow, local}]}.
{access, local, [{allow, all}]}.

% Authentification method.  If you want to use
internal user base, then use
% this line:
{auth_method, internal}.

% For LDAP authentification use these lines instead of
above one:
%{auth_method, ldap}.
%{ldap_servers, ["localhost"]}.    % List of LDAP
servers
%{ldap_uidattr, "uid"}.            % LDAP attribute
that holds user ID
%{ldap_base, "dc=example,dc=com"}. % Base of LDAP
directory

% For authentification via external script use the
following:
%{auth_method, external}.
%{extauth_program,
"/path/to/authentification/script"}.

% Host name:
{host, "abacus"}.

% Default language:
{language, "en"}.

% Listened ports:
{listen,
 [
  {5222, ejabberd_c2s,     [{access, c2s},
                            {shaper, c2s_shaper}]},

% To create selfsigned certificate run the following
command from the
% command prompt:
%
% openssl req -new -x509 -days 365 -nodes -out
ejabberd.pem -keyout
ejabberd.pem
%
% and answer the questions.
%  {5222, ejabberd_c2s,     [{access, c2s},
%                            starttls, {certfile,
"./ejabberd.pem"},
%                            {shaper, c2s_shaper}]},

% When using SSL/TLS ssl option is not recommended (it
requires patching
% erlang ssl application). Use tls option instead (as
shown below).
%  {5223, ejabberd_c2s,     [{access, c2s},
%                            tls, {certfile,
"./ejabberd.pem"},
%                            {shaper, c2s_shaper}]},

  {5269, ejabberd_s2s_in,  [{shaper, s2s_shaper}]},

%  {5555, ejabberd_service, [{access, all},
%                            {host, "icq.localhost",
[{password, "secret"}]}]},

  {5280, ejabberd_http,    [http_poll, web_admin]}
 ]}.

% If SRV lookup fails, then port 5269 is used to
communicate with remote
server
{outgoing_s2s_port, 5269}.

% Used modules:
{modules,
 [
  {mod_register,  [{access, register}]},
  {mod_roster,    []},
  {mod_privacy,   []},
  {mod_configure, []},
  {mod_disco,     []},
  {mod_stats,     []},
  {mod_vcard,     []},
  {mod_offline,   []},
  {mod_announce,  [{access, announce}]},
  {mod_private,   []},
  {mod_irc,       []},
% Default options for mod_muc:
%   host: "conference." ++ ?MYNAME
%   access: all
%   access_create: all
%   access_admin: none (only room creator has owner
privileges)
  {mod_muc,        [{access, muc},
                    {access_create, muc},
                    {access_admin, muc_admin}]},