[ejabberd] Re: Testing Ejabberd with a ready-to-run CD

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Wed Oct 6 01:54:00 MSD 2004

Jonathan Siegle wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:31:27 +0200, Mickael Remond
> <mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org> wrote:
>
>>Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

>>>I run OS X and might be able to do some testing in my copious spare
>>>time. :-)
>>
>>Fine. Thank you :-)
>>

>>>In general, does ejabberd run on OS X? I suppose I should RTFM, eh?
>>
>>It works, but maybe not out of the box. Magnus Henoch has reported that
>>it manage to make it work. Christophe Romain told me that ejabberd was
>>correctly launching from the REPOS CDROM, but we need to make some more
>>test to be sure everything is fine.
>>Anyway, at least, after a little packaging for Erlang REPOS, it will works.
>>

> I've successfully compiled and started ejabberd on OSX 10.3.x. I used
> Tkabber to login. If you need more detail, let me know. My next goal
> is to get ejabberd on OSX talking to ejabberd on linux.

Christophe Romain has planned to work on the MacOSX Version, but it
might be very helpful if you could send us an archive of your
installation. We especially need the library that you compiled (expat,
the ejabberd library, any other ?).

This will help us make the Erlang REPOS Ejabberd work on MacOSX out of
the box :-)

Thank you very much !

--
Mickaël Rémond