[ejabberd] Mac OS X patches

Magnus Henoch mange at freemail.hu
Sun Oct 10 20:09:48 MSD 2004

I have made a more sustainable version of my MacOS X hack, as included
in the first patch.  As I have written it, it creates some additional
dependencies on the GNU build system.

I used the AC_CANONICAL_HOST macro instead of just checking uname, as
AC_CANONICAL_HOST does just that but in a more sophisticated way.  For
that to work, however, the files config.guess and config.sub need to
be copied from http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/ into the src
directory.

When running autoconf on the resulting file, it complained about
missing install-sh and missing scripts; I don't know why.  automake -a
created them for me.

The content of the patch is a new variable ERLSH_LDFLAGS, which
contains the linker flags used for creating shared libraries.  For
non-Darwin systems, this should mean that everything works as usual,
but I haven't tested that.

The second patch is not directly related to MacOS X.  It fixes a bug
in Expat; the autoconf magic for expat sets CFLAGS but not CPPFLAGS,
so when the preprocessor is run on its own to verify the presence of
expat.h, it fails if expat is installed in a nonstandard location (/sw
for MacOS X with Fink).  I have sent the same patch to the Expat
developers.  I'm not sure whether this should be applied to ejabberd
in the meantime.

Magnus