[ejabberd] How to get AIM gateway working?

dragon_sphere at vdsworld.com dragon_sphere at vdsworld.com
Mon Oct 11 19:13:23 MSD 2004

> That's correct.  The features list in the ejabberd guide reads: "Ability
> interface with external components (JIT, MSN-t, Yahoo-t, etc.)", and AIM
> transport is listed in an example later in the guide.  The word "external"
> is key here, I can see how this could cause some confusion. :)  Perhaps an
> extra note explicitly stating that these modules are not included would be
> good idea.
>
> Actually, some work on the ejabberd guide and possibly some HOWTOs are on
> my
> TODO list, but currently I'm working on a message archiving module and MUC
> logging, as I need these features before I can get our internal server
> launched.  If you're interested in discussing any of these projects (or
> hurling abuse at me for ranting at you), my JID is jayteeuk at jabber.org.uk.
>
> Cheers,
>
> JT
> --
> James Tait
> Developer, Morse Professional Services
> Business aligned IT that helps our customers get more from less.  We call
> it A2e.  If you want to know more, I'll take you there.
> Morse Group Ltd
> Tel: +44 (0)1332 826037 Fax: +44 (0)1332 826044
> www.morse.com
>
> This email and any attachments are confidential and are intended only for
> the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email and
> have received it in error, you are hereby notified that the email and any
> attachments must not be copied, stored or further disseminated or
> distributed.  If you have received this email and its attachments in
> error,
> please notify the sender immediately and then delete it from your system.
> Internet communications are not secure and Morse makes no representation
> and accepts no responsibility or liability as to the completeness and
> accuracy of the information contained in this message.  Any information,
> opinions or advice contained within the email or any attachments are not
> necessarily those of the Morse Group.
>
> Email communications sent and/or received by Morse staff are stored and
> monitored.
>
> Orders for hardware and software are accepted subject to Morse's Standard
> Terms and Conditions of Sale.  Orders for services are accepted subject to
> Morse's Standard Terms and Conditions for the Provision of Consultancy
> Services.  Copies are available at http://www.morse.com and on request
> from
> legal at morse.com or your account manager.

Mr. Tait,
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to a knuckle head
like myself.  I will try to read and comprehend the documentation better
in the future.  I love making software do what seems to be impossible so
once I get my feet wet in this jabber stuff I will be releasing lots of
information and I see several utilities I can contribute for the Windows
platform that I think will help the Windows Admin's life.  Also I have to
still get setup on the contributers list and the CSV so that is where I
will be going next.  Just to let you know I would not be here unless I
seen potential for good things.  I like the idea of Jabber mainly because
I see that it is more than just a simple chat IM server.  It has untapped
marketing abilities at least for me.  I write shareware and freeware on
the side so hopefully I will be able to add to this already cool product.
I would post my website but it is currently under construction.

Thanks,
JKinsey