[ejabberd] ejabberd 0.7.5 for Windows

dragon_sphere at vdsworld.com dragon_sphere at vdsworld.com
Wed Oct 13 17:50:16 MSD 2004

Hi All,
  ejabber 0.7.5 for Windows rocks!!!  I downloaded and installed it
lastnight.  I even got the TLS/SSL working.  Yes yes yes.  You guys are
so cool.  Now I want to use OpenLDAP to authenticate my users.  So the
passwords are not kepted on the server in plain text.  Well I downloaded
2 different distros of OpenLDAP for Win32.  One of them is from
http://lucas.bergmans.us/hacks/openldap/ and the other one is from
http://www.ilex-si.com/openldap/ ...  I was able to get the first one up
and running at least to the point that I could use the following
instructions at http://mguessan.free.fr/nt/openldap_en.html...  But now
how do I add People to LDAP and set the structure so ejabber can
add/remove and authenticate users against the server?  I did try
commenting out the default authentication and uncommenting the ldap
authentication section in ejabber but I get an error.  I know ejabber
0.7.5 for windows is new but if someone knows how to make this work I
would appreciate it or just some direction on how to make ejabber keep
the passwords encrypted on the server instead of keeping them in plain
text or where the Admin can read the plain text password in the HTTPD
interface?  Anyway I know very little about LDAP.  Well I can spell
it;-)

Thanks,
JKinsey (AKA...DragonSphere)