[ejabberd] External Authentication ...

Leif Johansson leifj at it.su.se
Fri Oct 15 15:20:47 MSD 2004

Sommer Detlef wrote:
> I have a few questions about the external authetication modul.
> Hope someone can help me. I try to write an authetication modul
> for the windows version which autheticates against active directory.
>
> so I have read the supplied example perl script and found out
> that there are 3 methods a external moduls must provide:
>
> a) auth: Check the user and password
> b) setpass; Set the password
> c) isuser: Check if the user exits (without password)
>
> Now the questions:
> 1) Is there more documentaion on the external modul ?
nope

> 2) Are there more methods I must implement ?
nope

> 3) What should the isuser test check ? If the user exists
> in Ad or if the user exists in ejabberd. This could be
> different becuase not all Ad users may be registered in
> ejabberd. When I must check if the user is registered
> in Ejabberd how can I perform that ?

For a drirectory deployment you would typically add schema
to your server which you use to "tag" those users in your
directory which are "jabber-enabled". I have included a
sample schema which I have deployed at Stockholm university.
We are not using AD for our enterprise directory though so
your milage may vary.

> If my modul works (it will be writen in .NET) then I can
> post it and someone can add it into the distribution ...

Cool.

	MVH leifj