[ejabberd] Starting ejabberd as a daemon (in the background) and icq transport

Christopher R, Parr crparr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 01:51:17 MSD 2004

ok. I get obelix.crparr.net.

But when I try to stop ejabberd, I get the following error:

obelix ~ # /etc/init.d/ejabberd stop
Stopping ejabberd.
Eshell V5.3  (abort with ^G)
(ejabberdstop at obelix)1> {badrpc,nodedown}

=ERROR REPORT==== 15-Oct-2004::23:41:08 ===
** System NOT running to use fully qualified hostnames **
** Hostname obelix.crparr.net is illegal **
(ejabberdstop at obelix)2> ** Terminating erlang (ejabberdstop at obelix) **

hostname -f writes obelix.crparr.net

How can I fix this?

Please help.

Thanks