[ejabberd] Question concerning MUC

Badlop badlop at safe-mail.net
Mon Oct 18 22:35:12 MSD 2004

Christopher R, Parr escribió:
> My server is running as domain1.tld. Can I run two multiuser chats as
> conference.domain1.tld and conference.domain2.tld?

In your ejabberd.cfg you can put:

{host, "domain1.tld"}.

And on the 'modules' section:

{mod_muc,        [{access, muc},
		  {host, "conference1.domain1.tld"},
		  {access_create, muc},
		  {access_admin, muc_admin}]},

If you have another server domain2.tld, with another conference service
conference2.domain2.tld, you can add a link to that conference service
by replacing in your 'modules' section:
   {mod_disco, []},
with:
   {mod_disco, [{extra_domains, ["conference2.domain2.tld"]}]},

You cannot run two different conference services with one ejabberd.

> Also the server does not remember the titles I enter.

When you enter in a new chatroom, the conference service creates it for
you. It will be destroyed when you exit the room. If you want it to be
permanent (not to be destroyed), you must edit the chatroom preferences.

Use a MUC capable client (Tkabber, Exodus...).