[ejabberd] mod_vcard_ldap

Leif Johansson leifj at it.su.se
Tue Oct 19 22:23:23 MSD 2004

dragon_sphere at vdsworld.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>   Is it required to use the exauth to use mod_vcard_ldap?  My server is
> already using ldap for authentication but it is currently not using the
> exauth.  Also I cannot seem to find the message or documents that have
> the ldap schema and config information to use exauth,

There is no intended ldap-dependency for exauth! My first implementation
used pam. Now mod_vcard_ldap uses ldap (naturally) and it currently
depends on attribbutes from inetOrgPerson/organizationalPerson. This
should be configurable (patches cheerfully accepted I think :-) ) You
should check the source for details.

> check_pass_null.pl, mod_vcard_ldap, and ldap with ejabberd.  If anyone
> has these could you forward them to me please?
>   If I use the extauth, check_pass_null.pl, mod_vcard_ldap, and a ldap
> server will the users be able to register with the server or will the
> admin still need to add the users to ldap before the user can login?

If you are using check_pass_null then any user can impersonate any other
user. This is probably not what you want. Where/how do you plan to
authenticate your users?