[ejabberd] Questions on MUC and transports

Leif Johansson leifj at it.su.se
Sat Oct 23 00:45:09 MSD 2004

Christopher R, Parr wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've got 2 questions:
> 1. How can I admin the MUC? I want to have one room available and no
> other rooms may be created. How can I achieve this?

I believe you need a client which implements all of MUC which includes
room administration. It is on the todolist for psi. Maybe tkabber does
all of MUC...

> 2. For transports such as ICQ and MSN is it enough to activate them in
> the listening block in the config or do I have to install jit and
> MSN-t? And how?

Yes you need to install software. I run my transports (except those that
are built-in ejabberd) in separate jabberd 1.4 servers. After you have
your jabberd 1.4 with (say MSN-t) configured and ejabberd setup to
accept connections you just need to start the jabberd-process. Automatic
reconnection seems to work.

	MVH leifj