[ejabberd] Re: Questions on MUC and transports

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Sat Oct 23 17:05:09 MSD 2004

Op zaterdag 23 oktober 2004 00:39, schreef Christopher R, Parr:
> So I've downloaded and compiled jit. This compilation has created a
> jit.so file. What next? Do I need to run a jabberd 1.4 server as wel
> to get jit working?

No: JIT needs WPJabber but this is already included in the JIT-package. After
compilation of JIT, you need to copy jit.so and the binary and libraries of
wpjabberd (only a few) to the desired place. See
http://jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ejabberd/examples/transport-configs/jit/
for a working config example.

> Please give me step-by-step instructions to get jit (and maybe MSN) to
> work with ejabberd.

It's probable easier/better to try pyMSNt, the new MSN transport. You only
need to add a listen entry and be sure that the secrets and locations match.
(see also docs on msn-transport.jabberstudio.org ) I couldn't test this new
version already :(( so I can't help with a config file for it.

<snip>

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

xmpp:sander at l4l.be ( http://jabber.l4l.be/ )