AW: [ejabberd] External Authentication not working ..

Sommer Detlef somm at etm-ag.com
Mon Oct 25 17:39:10 MSD 2004

Ok, I had a bug in the isuser routine, now it is called. Offline
messages also get stored and the roster is also on the server.

So there is only the problem with the initial welcome_message which
get's not delivered to the user and the problem that the users are
not in the webinterface. Hope that someone can fix that.

Some words about the "feature" that you don't have to register
with the server in case of external authentication:

I think that the user should also register himself. If this is
done then the user could also created in the ejabberd databases
with e.g. a dummy password. This could fix the problem with the
welcome_message and the webinterface. Steps could be simple:

If a users connects, ext. auth is ok and he is not in the DB:
--> Reject

If a user registers, ext. auth is ok and he is not in the DB:
--> Create him

If a user connects, ext. auth is ok and he is in the DB:
--> Lets jabber ....

TIA, Detlef Sommer

---
Detlef Sommer
EDV-Systemadministration

ETM Aktiengesellschaft
Kasernenstrasse 29, A-7000 Eisenstadt
Phone: +43-2682/741-0; Fax: +43-2682/741-107