[ejabberd] new ejabberd user questions

James Tait james.tait at morse.com
Mon Oct 25 20:09:14 MSD 2004

Hi Jason,

> I just started poking around with ejabberd the other day

Welcome aboard!

> Also, I'm erlang ignorant

Join the club.  I'd never even heard of it until Alexey pointed me to
ejabberd, and that's when I decided to start learning.

> On the
> whole I've been very impressed the capabilities of ejabberd thus
> far.

Same here. :)

> Is there a wiki or other documentation not included with the
> app?

Not that I'm aware of.  I do have a task on my TODO list that involves
helping to improve the documentation, but I'm mainly tied up on project work
at the moment, so haven't been able to.

> Is it possible to log MUC rooms out to file w/o resorting to
> something like bandersnatch?

This is something I'm working on at the moment.  Bearing in mind the points
mentioned above, it may be some time before I get anything working. :)

> How does one configure persistant chatrooms in the server
> config?

This is normally done in the client, when you create the MUC room, though
you'll need a fully MUC-compliant client to do so.

> 6.  Any good references to get started with erlang?

http://www.erlang.se/doc/doc-5.4/doc/index.html
http://www.erlang.org/download/erlang-book-part1.pdf
http://www.erlang.org/course/course.html

In fact http://www.erlang.org/ generally has lots of useful stuff, I've
found.

Cheers,

JT
--
James Tait
Developer, Morse Professional Services

This email and any attachments are confidential and are intended only for
the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email and
have received it in error, you are hereby notified that the email and any
attachments must not be copied, stored or further disseminated or
distributed.  If you have received this email and its attachments in error,
please notify the sender immediately and then delete it from your system.
Internet communications are not secure and Morse makes no representation
and accepts no responsibility or liability as to the completeness and
accuracy of the information contained in this message.  Any information,
opinions or advice contained within the email or any attachments are not
necessarily those of the Morse Group.

Email communications sent and/or received by Morse staff are stored and
monitored.

Orders for hardware and software are accepted subject to Morse's Standard
Terms and Conditions of Sale.  Orders for services are accepted subject to
Morse's Standard Terms and Conditions for the Provision of Consultancy
Services.  Copies are available at http://www.morse.com and on request from
legal at morse.com or your account manager.