[ejabberd] some questions, threads, concurrent users

Andrew Taylor aktweb at msn.com
Mon Sep 6 17:48:20 MSD 2004

I am not familiar with Erlang (but it sure seems neat), so I have a few questions about ejabberd...

1) is there an OS thread for each jabber client ?
2) is there an Erlang PID for each jabber client ?
3) does a PID equate to an OS thread ?
4) is the thread answer different on windows/linux ?
5) any input on the max concurrent users/sessions that a single ejabberd can handle (say 2GB, 3Ghz machine)

My main requirement for an upcoming project is a lot of concurrent users, and the main functional requirements are authentication and messaging (ie no registration, presence, roster, etc).  Mainly just a message router.

-- Thanks for any answers, Andrew Taylor